Saturday, August 09, 2008

And then our very Catholic Aunt gave us the evil eye...

We're not very religious... Okay, I once was but after being brought up in a household filled with feigned piousness and blatant hypocrisy, I decided to worship the God I believed in, in my own personal and private way.

Then we had kids and while our kids asked questions every now and again, they never asked to learn more through attending church... any church... ever.

So roughly 8 yrs. ago when we attended the Catholic wedding of our cousin, we shouldn't have been surprised when our daughter walked into the church and upon seeing the 9 ft. tall wooden crucifix hanging at the front of the church she turned to us and said, "What's with the creepy looking guy on the giant 'T'?"

Our daughter learned about Jesus during the car ride on the way to the reception.

My husbands aunt continues to pray for all our souls.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

I could go on forever about the same thing. I won't, but I will tell you there is this Mason Jennings song called "Oh Jesus I love you and Buddha too." or something like that. That's our little religious experience, there's a lot of God's people pray to, it's all good.
Just be nice, that's what I tell them.

7:21 AM  
Blogger EmBee said...

I agree completely Amy. If a persons belief system makes them stronger then more power to them... But be nice in the process.
Thanks for stopping by.
:-)

9:49 AM  
Blogger Tricia said...

Thanks for visiting and commenting on my blog today. I love your quote,
"Forty is the old age of youth and Fifty is the youth of old age."
-Victor Hugo

Hahaha! I needed that.

6:14 AM  
Blogger Putting the FUN in DysFUNctional said...

Oh my God, hilarious! Kind of like when my youngest said "what's that place called, ya know where they sing and dance and talk about Jesus?" woops......

11:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home